Third quarter report cards are out in Charleston County, SC. Teachers get a comment section on the computerized form with far fewer than 140 characters (Twitter’s limit). They resort to banalities like,
- a pleasure to teach, or
- good effort
Wouldn’t it be refreshing (horrifying?) if teachers said what they’re really thinking. Here’s a starter pack of ideas:
- did you drop this baby on its head at birth?
- needs to learn to say, “do you want fries with that”
- needs help, lots of it
- can’t recommend your child too highly
- bright, but still eats crayons in 10th grade
- the only child left behind
- breaths in and out with proficency, or
- this grade was a gift
Got better ideas? Post them here or on Twitter or Facebook.